Powered by Blogger.

Hair Update: Lexi Allen


Hello ladies! Meet Lexi Allen. She is a beautiful natural apostolic who is on this wonderful journey. She has never had relaxer- but she suffered from heat damage. So she is on the road to restoring her glory in a natural way. This is her first time on this blog, so welcome her!
♥Kendra

Current Regimen
At this moment I’m still developing my regimen. I have come across some products that I feel are staple products for my hair. The 1st on is Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie!! I think the moisturizing part of this cream is terrible, but I will say that it makes my hair SUPER soft! I only use it to obtain soft hair. The 2nd staple product is Eco styler gel!! I love love love this stuff!! I’m a person that loves slick edges so eco styler is like my best friend! I do protein treatments every 2 or 3 weeks with an egg mixed in with some conditioner. So I guess you can call it a deep protein conditioning treatment. I also so hot oil treatments every week. I use olive, apricot, avocado, peppermint, and rosemary oil. I absolutely love the feeling of the peppermint oil on my scalp so this oil will most likely be a staple product. I use a hair therapy wrap for both my protein and hot oil treatments! I try to avoid heat at all cost.   I wash my hair weekly to keep from having product build up and to keep my scalp clean and healthy!    I do have a confession…….. I just started using Blue Magic on my hair and I love it! I know I know the mineral oil and petroleum is harmful on the scalp because it clogs the pores of your scalp which hinders your hair from growing. I only apply it to my hair, not my scalp. Using Blue Magic has allowed my hair to maintain moisture like crazy! Sealants like oils and butters only allow my hair to be moisturized for like a couple of hours then my hair turns scratchy and dry.  When I was younger, my mom only used water and Blue Magic on my hair, and my hair was healthy. Also my hair grew more rapidly when my mom used Blue Magic.
 Hair Goals
My goal as of right now is to eat healthy and take hair vitamins consistently. I’m hoping to reach bra strap length by the time this year is out. If not, then next year! Regardless of my length I do plan to take care of my hair forever!
Hair Journey
The beginning of my journey was actually funny to me!! LoL I know that sounds crazy but it was.  As I experimented with different styles I sometimes laughed because honestly it did look bad but like the night before it was cute. The guys at church had a blast talking about my hair and how nappy it was. I knew I was trying something different so I wasn’t trying to please everyone.  I remember one guy at school told me my hair looked like a bird’s nest!!!! LOL I laughed so hard! As you may be able to tell, I’m not an easily offended person.  I will say my styles in the beginning weren’t the most breath taking. But I just worked with it. I will say there were moments when I allowed some of the comments to discourage me and make me feel as if going natural isn’t for me. My dad said, “Lexi if you’re going to do something you have to do it for yourself and not for everyone else” .  Since that moment, I haven’t allowed negative comments to discourage me. I just laugh at them and think to myself “ it’s going to pay off”. Now I just stick to high buns. They're easy and quick!

Natural in Pentecost
At my church every lady is natural, but they straighten their hair all the time. Since I’ve experimented with no-heat natural, more ladies at church want to do it but I think they’re scared to take that jump and just do it. One lady actually tried natural before me but I wasn’t there when she tried it but she pretty much allowed comments to discourage her and she immediately stopped.
Words of encouragement
Like Nike says, “Just do it”.
Do you have any words of encouragement for Lexi? I am so glad she has made the decision to embrace and love this natural journey!

No comments :

Post a Comment