Powered by Blogger.

Chronicles of Natural Apostolic: Getting Back to the Basics

Ever feel like you have gone through so many products that you are back to square one and asking yourself, have any of these "new" products even benefited my hair. 


FACT: Through the course of time I have come to realize that my hair loves oil and likes butters.

I love my shea butter mix.. it is a great sealant. But it doesn't give me the shine and luster that I was used to in the past.

Oil

Using oil! Lots of shine!

Using oil! My twists were shinier and looked more moisturized
See the difference in the shine?!

Shea Butter

Cute but dull!

I love the definition but its matte and dry looking even though it felt very soft!

Conclusion: My hair just loves oil. It makes it nourished and look healthy. With Shea butter alone my hair looks more dull and matte. So I have to use a combination of the two or just oil. 

Fact: My hair loves terressentials but my ...hair... misses... conditioner. 

My hair likes having slip and shine (no pun intended lol). The terressentials makes my hair incredibly soft and manageable but it doesn't give me the slip, and shine that I prefer. 

Effects of terressentials on my hair! Great curl definition but the shine is missing :(

Deep conditioner in my hair.. After using a regular conditioner. 
Conclusion: I might be going back to a regular shampoo and conditioner to make my hair happier. I am on the lookout.. The old and faithful Nourish Spa may be making a comeback!

Do you ever make discoveries like this along your journey?? Are you one to stick with products or change them a lot?

No comments :

Post a Comment